Connect with us

Music

Britney Spears Las Vegas Residency Reportedly Halted Partly Due To Low Ticket Sales

Published

on

Britney Spears Las Vegas Residency Reportedly Halted Partly Due To Low Ticket Sales:  According to Page Six, Britney Spears’ decision to postpone her Las Vegas residency may have more underlying issues than previously thought.

There was genuine worry over father Jamie’s illness, but sources told the media outlet that low ticket sales were also a reason the Domination show was called off.

“A lot of people rely on Britney, so they wanted to milk every cent from this deal. Ticket sales were very soft. The tickets were priced so high.”

A report from The Blast also alleged that Spears’ claim of leaving the residency to care for her father was a distraction to divert from the singer’s “downward spiral” and that she “just could not do” the show.

A “source directly connected to the situation” told the website Spears’ advisors renegotiated a lucrative new agreement with MGM that lasted through the end of 2018, and brought in more money than the Piece of Me residency.

Spears’ people closed the deal, while others in her circle said it was clear that the pop star was not mentally prepared to take on the rigors of such work schedule, and wouldn’t be able to see it through.

Some members of her team continued to push for the show, despite her rapidly deteriorating mental health. Her state gradually worsened until the situation was such that the Vegas show was a no-go unless things greatly improved.

Sources revealed that Jamie was the one that “took action” and made sure Spears received the help she needed. Jamie’s illness and subsequent hospital treatment happened to occur around the same time, and it was decided the situation would be used as a reason to postpone the Vegas shows.

A source said that Spears was in a position where she was unable to care for herself, and stayed in California while her father recovered from surgery in Louisiana.

Spears is reportedly not being held against her will but was unhappy about having to go in for treatment.

Page Six spoke to “a source close to the star” who denied ticket sales were an issue as well as The Blast’s story.

While carrying out her stay at the mental health facility, Page Six reported that Spears was spotted on what was reportedly a “day trip” with boyfriend Sam Asghari over the weekend. She was apparently out for less than 24 hours, for what was her first appearance in public since checking herself into treatment.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Music

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion announce forthcoming single, ‘WAP’

Published

on

By

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion

Rappers Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion have teased the forthcoming release of a joint single, ‘WAP’, for later this week.

Announced on both artists’ social media profiles today (August 4), ‘WAP’ is set for release this Friday (August 7).

‘WAP’ will mark Cardi B’s first original release for 2020 and a follow-up to Megan Thee Stallion’s March record, ‘Suga’, which featured the hit track ‘Savage’.

Late last month, Megan Thee Stallion updated fans on her situation after sustaining injuries from being shot in both of her feet. She said she had to undergo surgery, but the bullet missed any bones or tendons.

“I had to get surgery to get the shit taken out, to get the bullets taken out, and it was super scary,” she said in an Instagram Live session.

“I know my mama and my daddy and my granny had to be lookin’ out for me with that one, because where the bullets hit at, they missed everything, but the motherfuckers was in there.”

Megan also suggested in July that she and DJ Khaled have a collaborative release on the way.

“I mean fuck it, this is the Zane Lowe show right … I’ll be honest with you … you know, me and Megan, we got one. Ya, we cooked something up,” DJ Khaled said.

The post Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion announce forthcoming single, ‘WAP’ appeared first on NME Music News, Reviews, Videos, Galleries, Tickets and Blogs | NME.COM.

Continue Reading

Music

Thurston Moore, Real Estate and Mark Lanegan to cover tracks from Galaxie 500’s catalogue

Published

on

By

Thurston Moore and Martin Courtney of Real Estate

Thurston Moore, Real Estate, Surfer Blood, Mark Lanegan and a handful of other acts are celebrating the forthcoming vinyl release of dream-pop group Galaxie 500’s live album with a series of covers from the band’s back catalogue.

The live album, ‘Copenhagen’, was recorded back in the ’90s during their European tour and will arrive as part of the first instalment of this year’s Record Store Day on August 29.

A cover will be released every day until August 28, the day before the record is available to purchase. The first cover features Canadian group Kiwi Jr performing ‘Tugboat’, a track from Galaxie 500’s debut album, ‘Today’.

Watch the performance below:

The covers were originally meant to be presented as part of a Record Store Day concert organised by 20-20-20, the label run by Galaxie 500’s Damon Krukowski and Naomi Yang. However, this was cancelled due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

“Earlier this year, a concert of covers of Galaxie 500 songs was planned for Record Store Day at Rough Trade Brooklyn, to coincide with the release of ‘Copenhagen’ on vinyl,” the website read.

“The event unfortunately didn’t happen due to the pandemic, but some of the performers are recording home videos which we’re presenting online.”

The post Thurston Moore, Real Estate and Mark Lanegan to cover tracks from Galaxie 500’s catalogue appeared first on NME Music News, Reviews, Videos, Galleries, Tickets and Blogs | NME.COM.

Continue Reading

Music

Rico Nasty teases new single ‘IPHONE’ on social media

Published

on

By

Rico Nasty

Rico Nasty has taken to Twitter to tease the upcoming release of a new single, ‘IPHONE’.

The tweet was posted last night (August 3) and includes a short video with the rapper saying in the caption “‘IPHONE’ is dropping next week ok bye”.

‘IPHONE’ will be the fifth single from Nasty this year, following ‘IDGAF’, ‘Popstar’ and ‘Lightning’.

Last month, Nasty also shared the track, ‘Dirty’, lifted from the soundtrack of the fourth season of HBO series Insecure. Listen to it below:

Nasty is set to release her debut full-length album this year, following a series of mixtapes and short releases, most recently, 2019’s ‘Anger Management’.

“I’ma just be real and say I hope you motherfuckers like it,” Rico told Dazed in a recent interview about the album.

“It’s not based on one aesthetic. I keep listening to it back to back to back, swapping out songs, pulling them back.”

Today’s announcement comes just after Colombian-American singer Kali Uchis took to social media to announce a forthcoming collaboration with Nasty, ‘Aqui Yo Mando’, due for release tomorrow (August 5).

The single, which also features Argentine rapper Cazzu, will mark Nasty’s first appearance on an official single this year, though she has contributed to the albums of Jessie Reyez, 100 gecs, KYLE and more thus far.

The post Rico Nasty teases new single ‘IPHONE’ on social media appeared first on NME Music News, Reviews, Videos, Galleries, Tickets and Blogs | NME.COM.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017- 20 Ydraft