Connect with us

Music

Frank Turner releases cover of NOFX’s ‘Falling In Love’

Published

on

Frank Turner NOFX

Frank Turner has released a cover of NOFX‘s ‘Falling In Love’ as the latest single to come from Turner and NOFX’s forthcoming split covers album, ‘West Coast Vs. Wessex’.

Turner’s interpretation is significantly different to the NOFX original. The singer-songwriter said he was “blown away” to be asked to participate in the split covers album.

“[I] immediately knew that one of the songs I’d do would be ‘Falling In Love’. I wanted to come at the song in a way that would lay that bare and highlight the beauty of the writing. I think it came out pretty good,” Turner said in a press statement.

Listen to ‘Falling In Love’ below:

Turner and NOFX will cover five of each other’s songs for ‘West Coast Vs. Wessex’, set to drop July 31 via Fat Wreck Chords, with pre-orders open here.

The pair announced the forthcoming album and released a single each last month. Turner took on NOFX’s 1992 track ‘Bob’ while NOFX covered his 2006 song ‘Thatcher Fucked The Kids’, releasing music videos for both.

NOFX’s Fat Mike approached Turner with the idea for the project. “I listened to all his records, and I picked the ones that I thought I could make more interesting,” Mike said upon the announcement.

“I didn’t want to just do straight covers of anything,” Tuner added. “I wanted to try and pick songs where I felt like me and my band could bring something different to the table.”

The upcoming album will Turner’s second release in 2020, following April’s ‘Live In Newcastle’ with The Sleeping Souls. In 2019, Turner released his eighth studio album ‘No Man’s Land’.

The post Frank Turner releases cover of NOFX’s ‘Falling In Love’ appeared first on NME Music News, Reviews, Videos, Galleries, Tickets and Blogs | NME.COM.

Music

Linkin Park’s ‘In The End’ video reaches 1 billion YouTube views

Published

on

By

Linkin Park new music

Linkin Park have gained a billion YouTube views on their second music video – ‘In The End’.

The band previously reached the landmark for their ‘Numb’ video towards the end of 2018.

Despite being released in 2002, the track wasn’t released onto YouTube until seven years later. See the iconic video below.

Linkin Park enter an exclusive club of rock bands with billion-viewed music videos. Twenty One Pilots have had three videos to reach the landmark, with ‘Ride’, ‘Heathens’ and ‘Stressed Out’ all being watched over a billion times. Guns N’ Roses‘ ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ also reached the landmark next year.

Last month, Linkin Park revealed that they still have unreleased material featuring late singer Chester Bennington. The band went on a hiatus after Bennington took his own life back in 2017. In the intervening period, co-vocalist Mike Shinoda has released his debut solo album while Bennington’s former group Grey Daze released a debut album in June. on Friday (June 26).

Shinoda revealed in a recent Twitch stream that the band have a song called ‘Friendly Fire’ that was supposed to appear on Linkin Park’s 2017 album ‘One More Light’. “There was a song, a ‘One More Light’ song,” he said.

“We mixed more [songs] than [are on] the finished album and we mixed a couple [of] other songs just to see if one of them would make the cut or whatever. [Or] if we could use it for a B-side and it was ‘Friendly Fire’.”

The post Linkin Park’s ‘In The End’ video reaches 1 billion YouTube views appeared first on NME Music News, Reviews, Videos, Galleries, Tickets and Blogs | NME.COM.

Continue Reading

Music

Watch Stefflon Don and more play virtual Wireless Festival

Published

on

By

Wireless Connect

The virtual Wireless Connect festival, a replacement for London’s cancelled Wireless Festival, is being held online this weekend.

Last night (July 3) featured performances from Stefflon Don, Saweetie and more – watch footage of the performances below.

Wireless Connect is being hosted online this weekend (July 3-5) as part of Wireless’ new partnership with MelodyVR, and comes after Wireless 2020, set to be held in London’s Finsbury Park, was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Stefflon Don is among a number of acts — also including Steel Banglez and JAY1 — who have pre-recorded performances at London’s Alexandra Palace, which are being broadcast both in 360° virtual reality on the MelodyVR app, and on Wireless’ Facebook and YouTube channels.

Watch Stefflon Don perform as part of Wireless Connect and a highlights video of the festival’s first day below.

As well as these new performances, which include Saweetie performing from Los Angeles, additional Wireless 2019 shows by the likes of SkeptaYoung ThugRae Sremmurd and more will be available to watch as part of this weekend’s festival.

Skepta was meant to headline this year’s Wireless Festival alongside Meek Mill and A$AP Rocky. See the full lineup for Wireless Connect here.

Speaking of the Wireless Connect event, Melvin Benn of promoter Festival Republic said: “There’s no more forward-thinking festival than Wireless, and there’s no more forward-thinking way of hosting a festival than in 360 VR.

“We’ll be filming artists in MelodyVR’s amazing studio space in LA, built just for this purpose, and in the historic theatre at Ally Pally, which MelodyVR will turn into Wireless Connect. No one has done this before…”

The post Watch Stefflon Don and more play virtual Wireless Festival appeared first on NME Music News, Reviews, Videos, Galleries, Tickets and Blogs | NME.COM.

Continue Reading

Music

Police injured after breaking up illegal music event in London

Published

on

By

Seven police officers were injured in London last night after breaking up an illegal music event.

Police were called to White City in West London yesterday evening (July 3) following reports that a large number of people gathered for an unlicensed music event.

A number of items were reportedly thrown at police when they attempted to approach the group, before they were forced to retreat, according to The Guardian.

Specially trained public disorder officers were later deployed to the scene before they too were met with further violence, with seven officers sustaining injuries.

In a statement, Deputy Assistant Commissioner Laurence Taylor said: “Officers have responded to residents complaining about a large gathering, noise, anti-social behaviour and violence. These gatherings are illegal and also pose a risk to public health.”

Taylor continued: “The violence shown towards officers this evening was totally unacceptable and we will not tolerate it in any form. Officers encountered bricks and other missiles being thrown at them.

“Our robust police response demonstrated that we will police incidents like these firmly and stop those intent on causing harm or disruption to our communities.”

illegal rave
Credit: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

Last month (June 12), two illegal raves took place in Greater Manchester where a man died of a suspected overdose, a woman was raped, and three people were stabbed.

According to the BBC, 6,000 people flocked to Daisy Nook Country Park and Carrington for what have been dubbed “quarantine raves.”

Police were called to both scenes and later confirmed that a 20-year-old man died of a suspected overdose at the the country park event while three separate stabbings and an attack on an 18-year-old woman took place in Carrington.

Condemning the raves as a clear breach of coronavirus legislation, Assistant Chief Constable Chris Sykes said officers “were met with violence, resulting in items being thrown and a police car being vandalised.”

Greater Manchester Police’s Assistant Chief Constable Chris Sykes later explained why the raves weren’t stopped, saying: “It’s not about what we allow, it’s about how we respond to things that take place.”

With the summer festival and live music season effectively wiped out by the coronavirus outbreak, there are fears many young people will turn to illegal mass gatherings throughout the summer.

Speaking to The Guardian, Night Time Industries Association chief executive Mike Kill said “the youth of today want to be out and want to be engaged”.

“There are a lot of people out there who are socially starved at the moment. And that’s why these illegal raves are starting to pop up because [people] have been trapped inside four walls for a long time now,” he said. “I don’t think there is anyone in our industry who couldn’t see this coming.”

Kill added: “Without very clear timelines there’s a lot of people looking at creating their own opportunities, socially, and putting on raves – almost like the 80s, in some respects.”

The post Police injured after breaking up illegal music event in London appeared first on NME Music News, Reviews, Videos, Galleries, Tickets and Blogs | NME.COM.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017- 20 Ydraft