Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kanye West, Kendall Jenner Trademarked 716: Kardashians family is too worry about their brands, unlike any other, they trademarked 716 so far, according to Forbes.
Topline: apart from this uproar over Kim Kardashian West‘s efforts to signature the term”Kimono” for an approaching shapewear lineup, her extended family (especially husband Kanye and half-sisters Kylie and Kendall Jenner) harshly file trademarks–716, only by our precursory count–to guard their private brands and attempt to suspend anyone who may want to capitalize their titles.
News peg: A California judge awarded $2.7 million to Kim Kardashian Wednesday in her lawsuit against fast-fashion retailer Missguided USA, which she claimed used her “persona and trademarks” to sell knockoffs of designer looks worn by her. And only last week Kim Kardashian declared her new shapewear lineup,”Kimono,” will be renamed (after having filed trademark applications for it) as portion of cultural appropriation promptly followed.
Key history: Jana Gouchev, a Manhattan-based signature lawyer, stated the Kardashians possess a high number of trademarks so as to cover all possible business ventures. “They do not necessarily understand what they’re going to promote, so they wish to guard those ,” she explained. “Anything you would place the Kardashian title has so much significance due to the name, so that is why they wish to protect in any kind possible they can consider. Since they do not need anyone to infringe on their signature.”
The Wests, together with Kylie Jenner, registered trademark applications in their own children’s titles to stop others from using the kids’ titles in business ventures. Trademark applications will need to be renewed every five decades.
Kim Kardashian West
- Fleur Fatale: For bath gels and lotions, perfumes, and fragrances. (Expired)
- Deeply Felt: Intended for cosmetics, specifically eyeliner. (Current)
- Kardashian Khaos: 15 separate applications were filed for under the name “Kardashian Khaos.” Four of those—for matches, “Non-luminous, non-mechanical signs not of metal,” bumper stickers, novelty buttons, and other tchotchkes—are now expired.
- Kimogif: Intended for “wireless transmission of graphics,” in addition to mobile phone software and “making referrals in the field of entertainment services.” (Expired)
- Belle Noel
- Chicago West
- Dashing by Kim Kardashian
- Glam Bible
- Kardashian Kollection Kurves
- Half Beast: Filed for an entertainment venture spanning all types of media distributed in all types of venues and electronic devices. Filed just in April, the official description of this trademark clocks in at 2,075 words. “Entertainment in the nature of on-going television, cable television and radio programs featuring spoken word, dramatic acts, artists, the arts, pop culture, pre-recorded live concert footage of audio, visual and dramatic performances and educational subject matters; entertainment in the nature of distribution of motion pictures films featuring spoken word, dramatic acts, artists, the arts, pop culture, pre-recorded live concert footage of audio, visual and dramatic performances and educational subject matters; entertainment, namely, a continuing variety and news show distributed and broadcast over television, cable television, radio, satellite, webcasts, the global computer network, audio and video media; production of live-action, adventure, comedy, drama and animated television series.” (Current)
- Good Water: Intended for all kinds of water: “Bottled water; drinking water; flavored bottled water and flavored waters; mineral water; spring water; glacial water; table water; aerated water; carbonated waters; seltzer water; soda water; sparkling water; essences for preparation of mineral waters.” (Expired)
- Past Tell Museum: Filed for plush toys, recording services, retail stores, more clothing, bed linens, dinner and kitchenware, and home furniture, among a gigantic list of other intended uses. (Expired)
- Yandhi: Intended for clothing, accessories, stationery, and more. (Current)
- Calabasas Clothing
- Loop Dreams
- Mercy by Kanye West
- Red October
- Yeezy Sound
- Kylie Jenner Truck: For a retail store, this one selling “cosmetics, merchandise and gifts.” (Current)
- Stormiworld: Children’s clothing and toys under Jenner’s daughter’s name. (Current)
- Cake by Kendall and Cara:Intended for “headwear.” The “Cara” likely referring to Kendall friend and fellow model Cara Delevingne. (Current)
- Metal Haven by Kendall and Kylie: Meant for another line of jewelry. (Expired)
- Kendall + Kylie