Lil Nas X’s ‘Old Town Road’ with Billy Ray Cyrus again took over the control of Billboard’s Hot 100 for the sixth time. Yesterday, Billboard published the Hot 100, Top 10 chart for the May, 18 2019.
— Billboard Charts (@billboardcharts) May 13, 2019
So far from the last six weeks ‘Old Town Road’ rules the streaming chart, in United States it was streamed over 104 million times in the week ending of May 9, says Nielsen Music.
Actually, the Road’s remix with Cyrus hits weekly streaming record following the April 5 arrival. And now it claims five of the seven biggest streaming weeks ever, according to Billboard.
|Total weekly U.S. streams, Title, Artist, Chart date|
|143 million, “Old Town Road,” Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus, April 20, 2019|
|125.2 million, “Old Town Road,” Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus, April 27, 2019|
|116.2 million, “In My Feelings,” Drake, July 28, 2018|
|114.4 million, “Old Town Road,” Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus, May 4, 2019|
|106.2 million, “In My Feelings,” Drake, Aug. 4, 2018|
|104.1 million, “Old Town Road,” Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus, May 18, 2019|
|104 million, “Old Town Road,” Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus, May 11, 2019|
Find more here!
DaBaby show criticised as social distancing measures don’t appear to be enforced
Concert promoters have been criticised after footage from DaBaby’s Fourth Of July show appears to show social distancing measures weren’t enforced.
The star performed at Cosmopolitan Premier Lounge in Decatur, Georgia last night (July 4), despite coronavirus cases in the state rapidly increasing.
Ahead of the show, organiser MyDJDre told TMZ that the venue would only be filled to 40 percent of its usual 4,000-person capacity and there would be a no mask, no entry rule in place, with masks required to stay on for the duration of the event. Attendees would also be required to have a temperature check done and answer health screening questions at the door.
DaBaby was also said to only be allowing three people on stage with him. However, video footage from the event shows a row of people stood at the back of the stage, albeit seemingly at a safe distance from the star (although not from each other).
In the crowd, meanwhile, many fans could be seen with no masks on or masks pulled down onto their chins and not adhering to social distancing measures.
Fans criticised the promoter of the show on social media, calling holding the event “irresponsible”. “I wouldn’t be bragging that “the whole city came out” in the middle of a pandemic,” commented on Instagram user on one of the promoter’s videos.
Another added: “This is so irresponsible. You should be ashamed.”
On Twitter, more fans expressed their concerns over the show. “I absolutely love Dababy and his music but this is such an awful idea,” wrote one fan. “Risking thousands of lives for a silly ass concert is so foolish. Cancel this ridiculousness.”
I absolutely love Dababy and his music but this is such an awful idea. Risking thousands of lives for a silly ass concert is so foolish. Cancel this ridiculousness. @DaBabyDaBaby @da https://t.co/jbJLA0frCJ
— That guy (@ThatGuy4442) July 5, 2020
Another gig is set to take place at the same venue tonight (July 5) with Moneybagg Yo, Blac Youngsta and Lil Marlo.
DaBaby’s show follows country star Chase Rice performing to a huge crowd of unmasked fans in Tennessee last month (June 27). The musician later responded to criticism in an Instagram video, saying: “I understand that there’s a lot of varying opinions, a lot of different opinions on COVID-19, how it works with live music crowds and what all that looks like.”
He told his fans: “My biggest thing is y’all. Y’all are why I get to write songs, why I get to tour the country, why I get to do live shows and sing you songs and you guys sing them back. You guys are everything to me, so your safety is a huge, huge priority.”
In the UK, only 13 percent of grassroots venues have said they could reopen with two-metre social distancing rules in place.
Axl Rose says his political tweets come “from a sense of outrage, obligation n’ responsbility”
Axl Rose has defended his politically outspoken tweets in a new post, saying they come “from a sense of outrage, obligation n’ responsibility”.
The Guns N’ Roses frontman has often used his Twitter account to criticise Donald Trump and yesterday (July 4) spoke out against the US Surgeon General.
“My disdain 4 current administration n’ what I perceive as its threat to democracy is no secret,” he tweeted today (July 5). “I’m not all that active w/social media n’ tho I more than appreciate anyone who takes an interest in something I might post I don’t really have an interest in how many followers or retweets etc. I have as my political or social issue posts rn’t about me. They’re about the issues.”
My disdain 4 r current administration n’ what I perceive as it’s threat to r democracy is no secret. I’m not (cont) https://t.co/vXSKO5lVBt
— Axl Rose (@axlrose) July 5, 2020
He continued: “In general my posts in regard to current events, politics or social issues r usually coming from a sense of outrage, obligation n’ responsibility to say something at times when I feel not to is being complicit (as opposed to a desire for attention or self promotion.)
“I’m nobody, just a citizen that like everyone else has my own opinions n’ believes in my heart that ultimately I want what’s best for not just r country but for humanity, wildlife n’ r environment n’ other’s as opposed to right, left or any other wing fascism r at least in this country free to disagree.”
Rose added that some people might consider his tweets “a lewd or immature response or opinion”, but said he would “voice an opinion” when someone in the government or public eye “says or does something that in my view supports or caters to the irresponsibility of this administration or various issues w/government or law enforcement”.
In his tweets yesterday, the musician called US Surgeon General Jerome Adams a “coward” and a “piece of shit” over comments he had made about Fourth of July celebrations. Rose also urged Adams to resign after he said American citizens “had to look at their individual risk” before attending any Independence Day gatherings.
In May, the frontman became embroiled in a Twitter feud with US Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin after he criticised the government figure for how he handled the impact of coronavirus on the US economy.
Bassnectar “stepping back” from music following sexual misconduct allegations
Bassnectar has said he will “step back” from music after being accused of sexual misconduct by multiple people.
The DJ, whose real name is Lorin Ashton, responded to the claims that were made via an Instagram account called @evidenceagainstbassnectar.
The page features screenshots of DMs and emails that are claimed to be from Bassnectar inappropriately communicating with women and girls, some of whom were underage, and allegations of grooming, coercion and more.
In a statement shared on Twitter, the DJ said he was “stepping back” from his career and “stepping down from [his] position of power and privilege in this community because I want to take responsibility and accountability”.
— Bassnectar (@bassnectar) July 3, 2020
“I feel intense compassion for anyone I may have hurt,” he wrote. “I truly hope you allow me a chance to work together toward healing.”
Bassnectar went on to deny the claims made against him, describing them as “rumours” that “are untrue”. “But I realise some of my past actions have caused pain and I am deeply sorry,” he added.
“I am handing off our nonprofit Be Interactive to a diverse team to continue without my involvement moving forward. Sometime in the future I may share more thoughts on these matters, but for now, please take care of each other and I wish you all the brightest future.”
He previously denied any allegations against him in a statement shared on June 29, according to EDM.com. “I have never been involved in anything that was not absolutely, unequivocally consensual,” it read. “During a time when high profile men are being called out for their violence against women, I am proud to be an ally of women and stand in solidarity with victims. Thank you to all those who are listening to real victims of abuse and standing to support women.”
In response to the positive feedback in support of therapy for victims of sexual misconduct, we are offering…
On June 30, he posted a lengthy message to his social media accounts announcing “scholarships for therapy” for victims of sexual misconduct. “As a man in a position of power, I have always hoped to treat people the way I want to be treated and to do the right thing,” he wrote in that post. “Since my own romantic relationships and interactions have been positive, consensual, legal, and loving, I enjoy staying in touch and maintaining friendships.”
Employees and collaborators of Bassnectar have begun to speak out on the claims made against him. Lia Holland, the executive director of Be Interactive, said yesterday (July 4) that she would resign from her position.
As a survivor of childhood abuse, I stand with fellow survivors and will resign as the executive director of Be Interactive. Friends please know that personally in this moment I need recovery time, but that I will be okay.
If you need me, I will be there.
— Lia Holland (@liaholland) July 4, 2020
Musician Mimi Page, who worked with the DJ on his song ‘Butterfly’, said that she was “devastated” by the claims and promised to make a longer statement today (July 5). “For now, I send love, healing, and support to the women who came forward tonight,” she added. “I send love and healing to the fans in this community who’s hearts are also breaking.”
As a female collaborator of @bassnectar I am devastated and will be making a longer statement tomorrow. For now, I send love,
healing, and support to the woman who came forward tonight. I send love and healing to the fans in this community who’s hearts are also breaking.
— Mimi Page (@MimiPageMusic) July 4, 2020
For help, advice or more information regarding sexual harassment, assault and rape in the UK, visit the Rape Crisis charity website. In the US, visit RAINN.
Gaming6 days ago
Pokemon Sword And Shield: How To Claim Free Shiny Zeraora
Music6 days ago
Jarvis Cocker on Brexit: “Being English feels a bit embarrassing at the moment”
TV4 days ago
Unsolved Mysteries: Did You Know Matthew McConaughey Had Appeared In The Original? Here’ A Few Things You Should Know About The Original
Music6 days ago
Rachel McAdams says she prepped for ‘Eurovision’ role by watching a lot of Björk videos
Music6 days ago
Kanye West promises new Arthur Jafa-directed video ‘Wash Us In The Blood’ coming later today
Movies5 days ago
365 Days: After Anna-Maria Sieklucka AKA Laura Biel, Michele Morrone AKA Massimo Torricelli Confirms The Sequel
Gaming6 days ago
Nintendo Releases Strange “Can You Guess The Game” Video, Prompting Speculation
Music1 day ago
Watch Stefflon Don and more play virtual Wireless Festival