Celebs across the world are the easiest targets for social media trolls. So much so, that they usually get immune to nasty comments. But sometimes it’s hard to not get affected. Actress Meera Chopra is the latest example in that regard. The actress held a chat session with her fans on social media and is being trolled incessantly for one of her answers.
Talking about the incident, the Section 375 actress says, “I conducted an ‘Ask Meera’ session on Twitter and a fan asked me about my favourite actor from the south film industry. I said Mahesh Babu. Then somebody asked if I liked Junior NTR, and I said I don’t know him and I’m not a fan. That’s it. As soon as I said that, I was bombarded with abuses, murder threats, rape threats, character assassination and threats against my parents. Some morphed my face with pornactors. I’ve got close to 30,000 abusive tweets so far.”
Ask Meera Chopra if as a female celeb, she feels disgusted when the character of a woman is torn to bits if they express an opinion that may not be in consonance with what others think, she says, “Is there no freedom of choice and expression left in today’s social media world? How can it be a crime to not be somebody’s fan? We can’t possibly love everybody. I’ve been tagged a whore, porn star, bitch and what not for just expressing my opinion on not being a Junior NTR fan! It’s unfortunate. I’ve been given threats of gang rape, wishes that my parents die of Covid-19. Is this a civilised society? I am angry, but not scared. I’ve been constantly talking about women issues and here I face one myself.”
Is she willing to take strict action against this? “Yes,” says Meera Chopra, adding, “I am already in talks with the cyber cell team. I’ve always advocated that women should fight for themselves and stand against what’s wrong. Then how can I not do anything abut this! You cannot character assassinate a woman, give threats, and abuse her for sharing her choice. I have to raise my voice against such fan clubs. These are the kind of people who go out and commit rapes and murders.”
The actress goes on to say that such fans draw encouragement from the stars they root for. “I feel sad for such stars who have such twisted fanbase, is this what stardom is? I think a star should address such fan clubs and insist that they refrain from such hooliganism. But they don’t do that. Their fans are openly discussing gang rapes and murders and they also use their DPs, but stars just stay quiet,” says Meera, adding she has tagged Jr. NTR, sharing some abusive tweets. “I hope he responds to his fans.”
While such trolls don’t scare her, Meera Chopra feels worried about the safety of women in the country. “Apart from threats to me, one of the trolls wrote, ‘Your parents will die soon because of corona.’ How can such statements not incite anger in you? I want all his fan clubs to be pulled down from Twitter. People who have given death threats and gang rape threats should be arrested. And if that doesn’t happen, I’ll start believing that there is no safety for women in our country,” says Meera.
Interestingly, she’s not alone in the battle. As soon as the activity on Twitter started, Meera Chopra also garnered tremendous support from the social media community. In fact, #wesupportmeerachopra was trending on number one on Twitter Wednesday morning.”
The post Section 375’s Meera Chopra Receives Rape & Death Threats For Not Being A Jr. NTR Fan appeared first on Koimoi.
Akshay Kumar’s Nashik Helicopter Trip Raises Eyebrows, Minister Chhagan Bhujbal To Order Police Inquiry
While the update on Akshay Kumar’s future projects is making headlines, the actor has made it to the news for another reason. Kumar’s surprise visit to Nashik has now sparked a controversy. Maharashtra minister Chhagan Bhujbal has announced that he will order an inquiry about the allegedly obtained permission and below are all the deets.
According to reports, Akshay Kumar flew to Nashik in a helicopter, with special permission, to meet his doctor earlier this week. The visit and his stay at a resort have now raised eyebrows. Food and Civil Supplies Minister Bhujbal, has now taken onto the matter seriously and seeks an inquiry.
As per Latestly, the Guardian Minister talking about Akshay Kumar, said, “I read about his visit to Nashik in newspapers today. I have no idea when he came and left. I will have to check.”
“I will have to check, where he (Akshay Kumar) lived etc. I have received complaints about how he could be allowed to stay in a resort. We will ask the police to look into it. I have no idea who gave him the permission, why it was given. Officials will be questioned if something wrong has happened,” added Chhagan Bhujbal.
On the work front, Akshay Kumar has a kitty full of films including Sooryavanshi, Bell Bottom, Atrangi Re, Prithviraj and Bachchan Pandey.
The post Akshay Kumar’s Nashik Helicopter Trip Raises Eyebrows, Minister Chhagan Bhujbal To Order Police Inquiry appeared first on Koimoi.
#BreakTheSilenceForSushant: Sushant Singh Rajput’s Fans Urge CBI Enquiry
The hashtag #BreakTheSilenceForSushant has been trending on Twitter throughout Friday, as fans of Sushant Singh Rajput believe his death did not happen by suicide.
Even though Sushant Singh Rajput’s postmortem report states his death was a “clear case of suicide”, fans do not seem convinced. They are also requesting for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the actor’s death.
“#BreakTheSilenceForSushant We need to know the reason behind his death.. We need cbi enquiry,” tweeted a user.
“To this edge who is behind this crime is influential and important, since they did not listen to all this pressure, their lack of response assures us that it is a planned crime, and we will not silent until justice is done for him. #BreakTheSilenceForSushant #CBIMustForSushant,” tweeted another user.
“Raise your Voice Guys As much as you can for Justice for #SushantSinghRajpoot. He is murdered very Brutally by his own trustworthy Friends,” alleged another user.
#BreakTheSilenceForSushant. We are United here for him Because he suffered a lot, Raise Your Voice RIGHT NOW, Before Someone becomes another Victim. WE REALLY WANT JUSTICE NOT POLITICS ANYMORE… #BreakTheSilenceForSushant,” urged another user.
Several fans of the actor have also called for the boycotting of films featuring star kids over the past couple of weeks.
“Let’s all take a pledge that we will not watch nepotism and star kid movies any more. With this we will give justice to Sushant Singh Rajput. #BreakTheSilenceForSushant. No one will stop the voice of justice for Sushant untill convincing justice not given,” tweeted a fan.
The post #BreakTheSilenceForSushant: Sushant Singh Rajput’s Fans Urge CBI Enquiry appeared first on Koimoi.
Maidaan New Release Date ANNOUNCED! Ajay Devgn’s Sports-Drama Postponed
It seems to be a day of announcements for Ajay Devgn. On Saturday morning, it was revealed that after Bhuj: The Pride of India, the superstar has joined hands with Select Media holdings LLP for a film which will showcase the strength of our Indian Army during the recent Galwan Valley incident. Now the actor has also unveiled the release date of his forthcoming film Maidaan.
Touted as a story of change and self-belief, Maidaan will release on the next Independence Day week, which is August 13, 2021. Ajay Devgn shared the news on Twitter and wrote, “2021 Independence week. An untold story that will make every Indian proud. 13th August mark the date. #Maidaan2021.”
2021 Independence week. An untold story that will make every Indian proud. 13th August mark the date. #Maidaan2021@priyamani6 @raogajraj @BoneyKapoor @iAmitRSharma @freshlimefilms @SaiwynQ @ActorRudranil @writish @saregamaglobal @ZeeStudios_ @ZeeStudiosInt pic.twitter.com/we6JPgu2Ui
— Ajay Devgn (@ajaydevgn) July 4, 2020
The shooting of the Maidaan was underway when the COVID-19 pandemic hit the world, and the entire film industry came to a standstill with no shoots or events taking place.
Maidaan’s Producer Boney Kapoor had earlier revealed that a massive outdoor set covering a 16-acre plot around Mumbai has been built. But just as the shoot was getting underway, the pandemic hit the world. “The set has now been dismantled as rains are due to arrive in Mumbai. The rebuild will take at least two months, which will start in September at the earliest, so shooting can commence only in November,” the filmmaker had added. He had further informed that fortunately all the indoor and some outdoor, training portions of the film have already been shot in Lucknow and Kolkata.
Produced by Zee Studios, Boney Kapoor, Akash Chawla, and Arunava Joy Sengupta, Maidaan also features Priyamani, Gajraj Rao and popular Bengali actor Rudranil Ghosh.
The post Maidaan New Release Date ANNOUNCED! Ajay Devgn’s Sports-Drama Postponed appeared first on Koimoi.
Gaming6 days ago
Pokemon Sword And Shield: How To Claim Free Shiny Zeraora
Music6 days ago
Jarvis Cocker on Brexit: “Being English feels a bit embarrassing at the moment”
Movies7 days ago
Captain America: Civil War: Internet Wants To Cancel Chris Evans’ Marvel Film & The Reason Is Baffling!
TV4 days ago
Unsolved Mysteries: Did You Know Matthew McConaughey Had Appeared In The Original? Here’ A Few Things You Should Know About The Original
Tech6 days ago
Apple tells you why iPad still doesn’t have a calculator app
Movies5 days ago
365 Days: After Anna-Maria Sieklucka AKA Laura Biel, Michele Morrone AKA Massimo Torricelli Confirms The Sequel
Music6 days ago
Kanye West promises new Arthur Jafa-directed video ‘Wash Us In The Blood’ coming later today
Gaming5 days ago
Nintendo Releases Strange “Can You Guess The Game” Video, Prompting Speculation