Connect with us

Tech

Twitter CEO Acknowledged “It’s easy to Abuse Others on Twitter”

Published

on

Twitter CEO Acknowledged Its easy to Abuse Others on Twitter
Twitter CEO Acknowledged "It's easy to Abuse Others on Twitter"

Twitter CEO Acknowledged “It’s easy to Abuse Others on Twitter”: Admitting that Twitter makes it “super easy to harass and abuse others”, CEO of the microblogging platform Jack Dorsey has said that addressing the issue in a systematic way is his biggest worry.

The platform is relying more on Machine Learning (ML) to identify abusive tweets as opposed to having people individually report them, Dorsey said in his TED talk this week, Business Insider reported.

“We have seen abuse, we have seen harassment, we have seen manipulation, automation, human coordination, misinformation,” Dorsey was quoted as saying.

“These are dynamics that we were not expecting 13 years ago.”

Dorsey also lamented that the system places undue weight on followers and likes.

“Right now the system makes it super easy to harass and abuse others,” he said, while adding that Twitter has created a “pretty terrible situation” for women.

As part of the efforts to make its platform appear less toxic, Twitter this week also announced that it is planning to give people an option to hide replies to their tweets, thereby giving users more control over the nature of conversation they would like to have on the platform.

“Starting in June, we’ll be experimenting with ways to give people more control over their conversations by giving them an option to hide replies to their Tweets,” Donald Hicks, Vice President, Twitter Service and David Gasca, Twitter’s Senior Director, Product Management, Health, wrote in a blog post on Tuesday.

Also on 7th March Twitter Safety tweeted, “We want to move faster in reviewing reported Tweets that share personal information. Starting today, you’ll be able to tell us more about the Tweet you are reporting.”

And Donald Hicks quoted and said, “Our teams have been working hard to make it easier for you to report Tweets you think may violate our rules, and add additional context when you do. We are excited to announce a change in the flow!”

While the feature has the potential to make trolls invisible, it could make it difficult for users to correct wrong statements made by others.

Other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram already give users much more power in terms of dealing with the comments to their posts, including the option to delete them.

Twitter last year said that making the platform free of abuse, spam and other things that distract from the public conversation is its top priority.

Read more about Twitter.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Tech

Mitron app could return to Google Play Store, but not Remove China Apps: Here’s why

Published

on

By

Tech giant Google recently took down to viral apps from the Google Play Store that originated from India. These were a short-video making app called ‘Mitron’ and the recently-gone-viral ‘Remove China Apps’ application. The move caused a lot of people to question the decision behind pulling down the two applications. Surprisingly, neither the developers nor Google had provided a strong reason as to why the applications were taken down. However, we now have an official statement on the same from Google.

As per Sameer Samat, Vice President, Android, and Google Play, Mitron was taken off the store because of a number of technical violations of Google’s policies. Meanwhile, the Remove China Apps application was taken down because it encourages people into removing/disabling other apps, without being a part of a verifiable security service.

Watch: Realme Watch Review

Mitron app could come back

“Earlier this week, we removed a video app for a number of technical policy violations. We have an established process of working with developers to help them fix issues and resubmit their apps. We’ve given this developer some guidance and once they’ve addressed the issue the app can go back up on Play,” said Samat.

If the response is to be believed, Mitron could actually come back to the Google Play Store once the technical violations Google speaks of are taken care of by the developers. The application recently saw a big growth in India after people started boycotting TikTok, a direct competitor. Mitron had amassed over 5 million downloads and had a 4.7 rating on the Play Store before being pulled down.

Remove China Apps: What actually went wrong?

As per Samat, the Remove China Apps tool “encourages or incentivizes users into removing or disabling third-party apps or modifying device settings or features unless it is part of a verifiable security service”. He added that “This is a longstanding rule designed to ensure a healthy, competitive environment where developers can succeed based upon design and innovation. When apps are allowed to specifically target other apps, it can lead to behavior that we believe is not in the best interest of our community of developers and consumers. We’ve enforced this policy against other apps in many countries consistently in the past – just as we did here.

Remove China Apps viral application taken down from Google Play Store

Also Read

Remove China Apps viral application taken down from Google Play Store

The “anti-China” application had gathered about a million users rapidly via the Google Play Store, where it also quickly became the top free application. However, it is unlikely that we will see the application again on the Play Store shelves.

Continue Reading

Tech

Infinix Hot 9 Pro with 48MP quad rear camera setup set to go on sale in India tomorrow

Published

on

By

The Infinix Hot 9 Pro smartphone will go on its first sale in India on June 5, which is tomorrow. The company will start selling the standard Infinix Hot 9 from June 8. The Pro version will be up for grab at 12:00PM, and you are interested in buying one, then you can get it via Flipkart.

The Infinix Hot 9 Pro is priced at Rs 9,499 in India. For the same, the e-commerce giant will be offering the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant. The latest Infinix phone will be available in different color options, including Ocean Waves and Violet. It packs a 48-megapixel quad rear camera setup,  a 5,000mAH battery, a quad rear camera setup, a whopping 6.6-inch display.

Watch: Xiaomi Mi 10 5G Camera Review

Infinix Hot 9 Pro: Specifications, features

The Infinix Hot 9 Pro smartphone is equipped with a 6.6-inch IPS LCD display. The panel operates at HD+ resolution. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core SoC, which is also found in the Hot 8 device. There is a punch-hole display design too. The cut out is placed on the top left side of the screen. As far as the cameras are concerned, you get an 8-megapixel camera for selfies and videos.

At the back, there is a vertically-stacked quad-camera setup on both the devices. The Hot 9 Pro packs a 48-megapixel main camera, whereas the standard one offers a 13-megapixel sensor. The setup is paired by a 16-megapixel primary sensor, a 2-megapixel macro lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The budget handset ships with the Android 10-based XOS 6.0.

The device also comes with a 5,000mAh battery with support for 10W fast charging tech. There’s also a fingerprint scanner at the back of the phones. right next to the rear camera setup. Both the Infinix handsets will be sold with 4GB RAM + 64GB storage option. You also get the option to expand the internal storage by up to 256GB using a microSD card. It also offers support for Face Unlock, AR Emoji, and DTS Audio tech.

Features Infinix Hot 9 Pro
Price 9499
Chipset MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
OS Android 10-powered XOS 6.0
Display 6.60-inch-720×1600 pixels
Internal Memory 4 GB + 64 GB
Rear Camera 48-megapixel primary lens, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, a 2-megapixel macro lens and a low-light sensor
Front Camera 8 megapixel selfie camera
Battery 5000mAh
Continue Reading

Tech

Microsoft rolls out Chromium-based Edge browser with new update

Published

on

By

Microsoft users will be getting a new Windows update very soon. And the most important highlight of the update is Microsoft Edge. Yes, the Chromium-based web browser is rolling out to all users. The company is offering the update to users with Windows 10, version 1903 and 1909.

The post points out that with the update, the existing Edge browser will be replaced with new one. You will notice the change in the taskbar and the desktop shortcut app. Microsoft says all the passwords, website URLs from the old browser will be migrated to the Edge browser automatically. And if anyone tries to use the old version, the Windows running on their system will open the new browser.

With this update, the Chromium-based Edge will be available to over billion users on Windows. It has taken Microsoft a long time to make this happen but it’s probably because the browser is ready for the public release. And market studies have given them the confidence with the global roll out. We can finally bid adieu to Internet Explorer.

Microsoft Edge gaining popularity

Microsoft Edge has become the second most popular desktop browser in the world. According to NetMarketShare, it has more users than Mozilla Firefox. This has earned Edge the reputation of being the second most popular desktop browser.  This is the first time that the desktop version of Microsoft Edge has surpassed Mozilla Firefox in terms of market share.

Watch Video: Top 5 apps providing free services during coronavirus pandemic

In comparison, Google Chrome remains the most popular browser in the world with an unassailable lead. It has a market share of 68.5 percent, which puts it ahead of all other browsers combined. Since Edge is now Chromium-based, it gains the advantage of using the extensions available on rival platforms. While it matches Chrome’s performance, the browser also delivers improved battery life.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017- 20 Ydraft